If you are interested in Birtley House and would like to see how we can help your child achieve their full potential, come for a guided tour and a discussion with the Headteacher or SENCO. We can discuss their needs and suitability to the specialist curriculum at Birtley. We are happy to conduct visits at your convenience.
Please contact the school office on 01474 853192 to make an appointment or to speak to a member of staff about your child’s needs.
We are happy to discuss any assessments your child may have had from other professional bodies. We also offer assessment screenings for specific learning difficulties (for children over 6). See Fees Page
Birtley House Independent School Admissions Criteria
1. Children who lack confidence, may be anxious, find it difficult to concentrate or need extra support or nurturing.
2. Children with specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia or mild-moderate learning delay.
3. Children who are performing below government age expectations in numeracy and literacy.
4. Children with social communication or speech and language disorders (including High Functioning).
5. All children, including those with an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) will be considered at the discretion of the Headteacher, following the Placement Evaluation week.
If the Headteacher/SENCO consider it is appropriate, a pupil will be invited on a 4 day Placement Evaluation week with a meeting at the end of the fourth day to discuss the placement (usually Thursday 2.45pm).
PLEASE NOTE there is usually a waiting list for Placement Evaluation weeks.
Generally we do not have the facilities to support pupils with the following needs: